Wednesday, April 13, 2011

AFI

I have been to hundreds of concerts, and none of them have been festivals or arenas. The most expensive concert I ever went to was AFI at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, CA, at the beginning of 2010. The main floor can hold around 800 people, so it's not huge. I spent $180 on two tickets, including the $20 service charge. I have no recollection of the opening band(s). Davey Havok came out in a gold suit, and I got a huge boner that lasted four hours or more.


I've read on the "Internet" that this gentleman is not gay. I don't care. All I wanted was for him to kiss Jade, the guitarist, and then for them to live happily ever after in each others arms. I'm not sure if they want that, but obviously they should. Some of the dudes in the audience were pretty scary and macho, and I wondered if they were as ignorant as I was about how flamboyant our hero is.

I prefer AFI's first five albums over their last three crap-fests. They played all of two songs from those five albums. Even though I had no idea what was going on for most of that extremely expensive hour and a half, I was totally blissed out. Who says you can't buy happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment