Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pay attention to me on the Internet!

A year and a half ago I decided to write a piece about how lame it is that my blog only has four followers.

I still only have four followers.

I originally didn't tell anyone when I started writing this blog, but then I got tired of that. I know people read it, but few have committed to following it. And no one comments.

It's weird how much of our sense of self-worth is based on people's response to what we project on the Internet.

I am aware that I started this blog as a creative some of my more coherent thoughts, not because I wanted more attention. But I couldn't help getting swallowed by the desire for people to validate my existence by paying attention to me on the Internet. And I don't understand why some of my friends' super lame blogs that they never post in anyway have dozens of followers!

I am aware of how idiotic this is, but I have not yet stopped caring.

But it's not only me! I am mildly annoyed at the response to my blog, but some people seem to only own a camera for the sake of posting photos of their fantastically interesting life on Facebook.

This can't be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment